DIPLOMA – NAUTICAL SCIENCE (1 Year Course)
- Pass in HSC / (10+2) from a Recognized Board With 45% Average in PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics Subject)
- Minimum 50% Marks in English Subject
- Three Year Diploma Course in Mechanical / Electrical / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Three Years Diploma in Automobile Engineering / Machine Tools and Maintenance / Plant Engineering
- Three Year Diploma in Production Technology / Electrical Power System / Advanced Diploma in Tool and Die Making
- Age Limit : Up to 25 Years (Maximum)
- Vision : 6/6 in Each Eye, No Colour Blindness, No Spectacles Allowed
- Course Fee :₹ 6,50,000/- (Education Loan Facility Available from the all leading Govt. Banks)
- Course Commencement : Course commences from 1st February / 1st August of Every Year.
Career Prospects for Navigation Officers:
This course will lead the candidates to become the Captain of the ship. Captain of the ship is also referred as Master mariner. On successful completion of this pre-sea training, the candidates are eligible to become nautical Deck Cadets on board a ship. The leading international shipping companies are regularly conducting campus interviews at Academy for the job placement. The academy assists necessary guidance for placement for successful meritorious students.
This 1 year course consists of 2 semesters and exams are conducted by different Universities like IMU and Annamalai University. After passing out the exams conducted by the University, the cadets will be awarded DNS Diploma by the University. The cadets will be joining on board vessel as a Trainee cadet. They will have to obtain 18 months sea service (Two years time will take to complete the 18 months sea experience). With this 18 months sea experience, they will undergo 4 months Second mate’s foundation course & they are eligible to appear for 2nd mate exams. After passing second mate exams, they will be promoted as Second officer. This Diploma Nautical Science course also leads to get B. Sc. degree in Nautical Science by the University. During the first 18 months sea service, University is conducting the Distance learning Programme(DLP) by giving the necessary study material. With further sea service & exams they will be promoted to Chief Officer and then becoming Captain of the ship. The academy assists necessary guidance for placement for successful meritorious students. The below career path shows, that how a candidate can become a captain of the ship & the award of correspondence B. Sc (Nautical Science) degree by the university.
Growth To become a Captain of the Ship:
Career Growth To Become a Captain