B. TECH – NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & SHIP BUILDING (4 Year Course)
- Pass in HSC / (10+2) from a Recognized Board With 45% Average in PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics Subject)
- Minimum 50% Marks in English Subject
- Three Year Diploma Course in Mechanical / Electrical / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Three Years Diploma in Automobile Engineering / Machine Tools and Maintenance / Plant Engineering
- Three Year Diploma in Production Technology / Electrical Power System / Advanced Diploma in Tool and Die Making
- Age Limit : Up to 25 Years (Maximum)
- Vision : No Colour Blindness, Spectacles Allowed
- Course Fee : ₹ 12,000,00/- (Education Loan Facility Available from the all leading Govt. Banks)
- Course Commencement : Course commences from 1st September of Every Year.
Naval architect is a professional engineer who is responsible for the design, construction, ship building and repair of ships. Naval Architecture is a widely job oriented area but the fact is that the number of institutions catering to this course of study is limited. As shipping is becoming more and more commercially important, more efficiently designed ships are the need of the hour. There are wide Job Opportunties at Present in the International Ship Construction Yards especially, at Korea, Japan, India etc. It is here that the chances for a new comer in the area of Naval Architecture/Ship Building look bright. Ships (tankers, cargo ships, passenger liners, ferries, warships), boats, submarines, high-speed crafts, Oil rigs, hover crafts and all structures related to ship building are to be designed by Naval Architects & Ship Building Engineers. They also work on the design and construction of marine installations such as off-shore drilling platforms. On completion of NA & SB Course, the graduates can further study the M. Tech, (NA & SB) Courses, PHD & Research programmes.
Career Prospects for Naval Architects:
Naval architects have a broad range of employment opportunities worldwide. The student after obtaining the degree can aspire for employment in Ship Building, Shipping, Ship Surveyor, Navy, Coastguard, Classification societies, Dockyards and Shipyards. The services of Naval Architects are utilized by the ship yards, ship designing institutes, oil rig construction centres, and Naval and Oceanography centres. They are working as a consultant – providing clients with engineering solutions, technical and commercial guidance, support and project management for concept design studies, new vessel constructions, refits and conversions. They are undertaking maritime research in universities and industry. They work as analyst of ships and marine structures, using the regulations of classification societies and intergovernmental organizations such as the International Maritime Organization. Naval architects who specialize in construction may take responsibility for the management of a whole shipyard or for sections of it, such as planning, production or the complex operation of fitting out. Naval architects may also occasionally teach courses in higher education institutions. After Completion of NA and SB, they have the option to join as a Marine Engineer in the Merchant Ships by completing One Year Pre-Sea Graduate Mechanical Engineering Course (GME). The academy assists necessary guidance for placement for successful meritorious students.